Suyin's birthday is on Saturday, July 21. Thuan and I planned to surprise Suyin and make breakfast for her on Friday. Thuan doesn't work on Fridays and he works on Saturdays so I guess that's why he decided to do the surprise a day earlier. We planned to make pancakes and omelette and bacon. The night before, after we went out for dinner and walking on the way home, we managed to drag Suyin into Woolworths (supermarket) while Suyin was on the phone. After she hang up, she asked "What are we doing here?" Thuan pointed to me and said I wanted to do some shopping. So off I went and looked for the pancake mix as I was in charge of that. Then Thuan texted me, "Can you get some bacon rashers & pancake mixes? I'll distract her" I already had the pancake mix but what the hell are bacon rashers? And which ones do I get? I figured he'll probably have a hard time getting the other ingredients so I sent him a message and asked him about the other ingredients and I also asked him what the bacon rashers are. Grrr how I wish I could pull him away from Suyin for a second. Those two are really inseparable. Then Thuan replied, "Bacon pieces-6 will do lol. Maybe 1L orange juice n a tomatoe. And jam. She's heading down soon. Just say its 4 urself pls" As I was getting the tomato, I met them and Suyin saw the pancake mix. "Hmm pancake mix" I just smiled, just the usual smile, and didn't say anything. I could not find the big tomatoes and so I had to ask them for help. Suyin suggested to just get the roma tomatoes or cherry tomatoes. I asked them which is better, but I was hoping Thuan would be the one to give the answer and tell me what he needed. Suyin said if it's for salad, get the cherry tomatoes. But I just nodded and didnt say where I would be using it. Thuan said to get the roma tomatoes so it's easier to cut. I figured that was what he wanted so I got those. Then I got the bacon, the orange juice, paid for the items on my basket, and went to meet them again. I made sure to put the orange juice between the pancake mix and the tomato or else the orange juice would make it really obvious we're preparing for breakfast. Suyin and Thuan did a bit of shopping too and when they saw I was done, they went for the cashier too. On the way to the cashier, Thuan and I saw a rack of jams and he whispered to me, "which one did you get?" "Huh? Do we need jam?" But before he could answer me, Suyin turned and so I let them pay for their shopping and I checked again Thuan's message. "And jam" it says. Ok I went back to get some strawberry jam. While walking home, Thuan asked, do we still have bread?" Yes, three slices. "OK, one each." Then Suyin said, "We should have gotten some bacon." No comment.
The next day, we cooked the pancakes and eggs and bacon and tomatoes. No omelette because we didn't get mushrooms. Thuan went to wake up Suyin. She was smiling when she went to the kitchen to see me. Over breakfast, we talked about how Thuan was trying to con her into buying mushrooms but she doesn't like to because she doesn't know where to use it. She also told Thuan "Why is Jhoanna buying so much stuff?" I was moving out in two days and she was probably wondering how I would eat everything in two days. Then Thuan told her, "She's probably preparing for her move to Kensington." Suyin said, "Oh yeah. There is no shop close to her apartment." Then Thuan continued, "Yeah, Jhoanna is a smart girl." Hahaha.
Btw, I just found out how good strawberry jam is with pancakes. Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
pansin ko lang. tagalog mode to english mode?
Post a Comment