Sunday, July 22, 2007

New Apartment

I have moved to a new apartment. It's in Kingford, in the Eastern suburbs, about 20 mins away from the ofc by bus. I hadn't been looking for an apartment in this area before, but one day I talked to Tian and he suggested to me to look in Kensington. Kensington because there are a lot of buses I could take to and from work. He made me realize taking the train was less convenient because our ofc isn't very close to a train station. Right away I did a search for Kensington and surrounding suburbs and I found this ad http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=9039368&f=0&p=10&t=shr&ty=&fmt=&header=&c=54874582&s=nsw&snf=rbs&tm=1183550763. It was marked as a new posting then so I had a strong feeling it was still available. I sent an inquiry when I could do the inspection. She said Thursday 6pm or Monday 6pm. I agreed to do the inspection on Thursday which was the following day. The person who replied to me is named Rosie Sadsad. I thought it was an Arab sounding name and wondered if she was the one living there or just a real estate agent. I was hoping she was only the real estate agent. (Discriminatory ba?)

Anyway, I went to the inspection together with Thuan. Thuan volunteered to go with me becuase he works in UNSW which is just a few meters from that apartment. I met Rosie and she is not the real estate agent. She is the one living in the apartment together with her sister and the apartment is owned by their parents. She sounded like Joanne Ballecer, our HR from Sandstone Sydney. She is a Filipino. Hmmm...Sadsad...It does sound like a Filipino surname. So I asked her if she is a Filipino. Indeed, she is! And I thought it would really be great if I could get this apartment. And the apartment was very much like the ones shown in the picture. It was really nice...and neat. And Rosie seemed very nice...very down-to-earth. I also met her sister who is living with her, but she seemed a little bit more intimidating to me than her sister. I expressed my interest and they said they have another inspection day on Monday and they will let us know after that who they are choosing.

The following Tuesday I got an email from Rosie saying they would like me to move in with them and asked me if I am still interested. I was very excited after reading her email. It took her a while to reply to that email. I was getting very anxious and was afraid she changed her mind. I even dreamt that she decided to let her relative move in with her instead. I decided to call her one day and confirm if she still wants me to move in. She apologised that she has just been busy that's why she hasn't been able to reply to my email. Whew!

July 21 came and it was time for me to move. That was the day the apartment would be available according to Rosie. I spent the last few nights bonding with Suyin and Thuan. They took me to their favorite dining places and we ate and ate and ate. I can't say I am very happy to move to this new apartment because I will really miss Suyin and Thuan. I am only glad that I could finally settle in. Anyway, Suyin helped me move and after going over the rental contract and house rules with Rosie and her sister Angela, Suyin and I left. I didn't even unpack! We had plans for the night because she, Irene, and Judy are celebrating their bday. It was Suyin's birthday that day and it was really nice of her to help me move on her birthday. Anyway, I ended up still sleeping over at Suyin's place that night because we packed up around 230am and it was too late for me to catch a bus.

When I went back to the apartment, nobody's home. I had the apartment all by myself. I started unpacking. It took me a long time to clean the cabinet and drawers. Syempre pinunasan ko pa ng alcohol lahat hehehe...I haven't unpacked everything yet coz I still need to buy some cabinet drawer papers. Tinapon ko kasi lahat ng nandun coz I didn't want to use them...Malay ko ba kung malinis yun hehhee.

I just had one disappointment with the apartment. Nawala yung TV dun sa room ko :( I asked Rosie about it and she said she put it in her room. Anyway, there's still another TV in the living room (the lounge room as they call it) and it's bigger. Since they have their own TVs, I could watch in the living room!

I took my own pictures of the apartment, but it's not too different from the ones posted in the realestate site. Here

No comments: