My first post after a few months. I can't sleep once again and so I decided to just update my blog.
Yeah...i've got mumps =( I first felt the symptoms last Sunday morning when I was eating muesli and my jaw hurt while eating it. I thought I just didn't put enough milk. Bath also complained a long time ago that his jaw hurt when he was eating muesli. I thought it's just normal. Later in the afternoon when I was eating Turkish pide, my jaw also hurt swallowing the pide and when I touched the area under my left ear, I could feel something hard. I checked my right side and I couldn't feel anything hard. I went to look in the mirror and my left jaw seemed a bit swollen. I immediately suspected it was mumps since I haven't had mumps before. I woke up in the middle of the night because my jaw was hurting. I sent an sms to my dad and told him i may have mumps and asked him if he knew what medicine i have to take for it. he asked me to go online and we talked for a few minutes. he just told me he doesn't know what medicine to take and that i should go to the doctor and check if it's really mumps. i asked him if i had been vaccinated when i was child and he couldnt remember. he asked my mom and she couldnt remember either. i wonder why my mom didnt talk to me then, maybe she was very sleepy because it was already 1130pm in the phils. anyway, im just feeling a bit unloved at the moment because up until now they havent asked me how i am...and that night when i talked to my dad, he still found a way to tell me that my uncle wanted me to get them some chocolates...and i was already feeling unwell then...
anyway, i went to two doctors last monday. the first one, the one across from where i lived, she looked at my jaw and said, "oh you poor little girl, that is very bad"
I said, "What is it?"
She said she doesnt know yet but she'll need to take a blood sample.
I asked, "Could it be mumps?"
She replied, "What makes you think it's mumps?"
I said, "Coz i've never had it before?"
Anyway, she took my blood sample and said I should come back for the results on fri.
She didn't really say much and I was the one who had to ask her, "Am i going to infect other people?" She said yes and she told me to stay away from pregnant people.
I really doubted that doctor. She didn't even check for my temperature and i read that's one of the symptoms of mumps. And I wanted to know the results sooner so I went to see another doctor and the one that I trusted was in the city which means I had to take a bus. He's the doctor I saw last July when I was coughing badly. I feel sorry for the other passengers on the bus with me, but I did try not to talk or cough. I just hoped they were all vaccinated.
This other doctor was better because he checked my temperature, checked my throat and i didn't have to ask him, could it be mumps? His initial diagnosis was mumps right
away. He also told me the other possibilities of what I might have unlike the other doctor who didn't even tell me anything. But he prescribed a blood test for me to be
sure. I'm going back on Wednesday to get the results.
This mumps has been giving me a hard time eating. I couldn't eat anything hard. Last night I couldn't sleep as well because my muscles were aching all over. I tried drinking milk, reading a book, watching a movie, but still couldn't sleep. As a last resort. I had to take a pain reliever (good thing angela's got panadol in her medicine cabinet. speaking of angela, she was really very nice to me. i texted her earlier that i have mumps and that he should tell alex too. this is what she replied, "Thanks for lettn me knw. I hope ur feeln ok. If u need anything let me knw. X")
OK. it's almost midnight now. I think I may have to take another panadol just to put myself to sleep again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment